Monday, September 9, 2019

Hurrication

The second that my roommate and I found out that we were getting evacuated we couldn't help but start packing to go home. For most of the day, my roommate and I were in a study room trying to grind out some assignments so it was extremely rewarding realizing that we could go home and not have to deal with school work. That night my parents drove down to Charleston and stayed in a hotel so early the next morning they could pick me up and avoid traffic. Monday morning my parents picked me up and we drove three hours back to Charlotte, NC. It was nice to be able to see my family again but the best part was getting to see my puppy.

 A week before the evacuation I texted one of my friends telling him that I wanted to surprise his girlfriend (my best friend) when I get back. We decided that we will meet at a restaurant but my friend will lie to my other friend and tell her that they were going for his grandfather's birthday dinner. That evening I showed up at the restaurant early and when they arrived at the restaurant she was so surprised. She had no idea that I was being evacuated so it worked out well.

After being home for a while my family thought it would be fun to go to Isle of the Palms before they drop me off at college. We spent two days at the beach and on Saturday my family and I got lunch in Charleston and then later they helped me move back into my dorm. Although I didn't do much during the hurrication it was nice to relax at home and catch up with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment